A workplace drug policy is the foundation of a drug-free workplace.
Staying current with the federal and state drug testing regulations is confusing and complex. Screensoft provides customized workplace drug policies to keep you in compliance and protect your business.
Make Drug Policy Development Simple
With the support of a professional consulting team, we can quickly and affordably update your existing drug policy or create a new one.
Compliant Policies Cover:
- Policy Purpose
- Specimen Types
- Testing Procedures
- Legal/Prescription Drugs
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Mandatory State Drug Testing Laws
- Workers' Compensation Denial/Reduction
- Unemployment Denial
- Workers' Compensation Premium Discounts
- Prohibited Conduct
The Drug Policy Development Process
Step 1: The first step in the drug policy development process is to identify your company's drug testing objectives--What does your company hope to achieve by revising it's existing drug testing policy or implementing a new program? We'll take you step-by-step to accurately identify those drug testing objectives.
Step 2: We'll draft a drug policy to reflect your company's culture, existing safety, disciplinary standards, and desired objectives. This includes a comprehensive language of the following components:
- Purpose Statement
- Drug and Alcohol Test Types
- Drug and Alcohol Testing Procedures
- Prohibited Conduct
- Policy Employee Consent Forms
Step 3: Once the first draft is reviewed, we'll make any needed changes to the base drug policy and then begin adding specific individual state addendum as required. State addendum will include language pertaining to legal requirements for a particular state that differ from the main content found in the base drug policy.
Addendum language can also be added that reflects legal requirements in a states' workers' compensation and/or unemployment compensation laws that impact drug testing. Also, added language where medical marijuana laws are applicable.
The Drug Policy Review Process
We'll thoroughly review your existing drug policy to ensure it meets your goals and contains the necessary components of a compliant process. This service includes:
- Comprehensive drug policy section-by-section review.
- Written evaluation with line-by-line recommendations.
- Practical suggestions fur internal re-write purposes.
- State-by-state requirements outlined for all applicable states.
- Federal drug and alcohol requirements highlighted as needed.
- A follow-up conference call.
- Policy strengths and weaknesses highlighted throughout.
Your workplace drug policies are guaranteed to be compliant with all applicable laws and regulations for one year from delivery. During the one-year compliance guarantee period, if there are any applicable law changes, we'll update your policy at no additional charge. Your policy also includes support from our legal team regarding any questions that you may have.
Get a personal consultation and discover how to customize your policy. Contact Sales