Here are seven great blogs about trucking safety:
1. Trucking Truth
Trucking Truth was started by a trucking veteran Brett Aquila and includes over 400 articles. They’re written by experts in the industry to provide “a positive yet honest view of the trucking industry”.
Three safety posts we like from Trucking Truth’s blog:
- 12 Tips To Help Drivers Stay Awake Longer
- The Difference Between Truck Drivers and Professional Truck Drivers
- Trucking Safety: What Exactly Is The Golden Rule?
2. Trucking Info
Trucking Info is a leading media service company for the Trucking Industry. They’ve been around for quite awhile and started as a regional magazine. Truckinginfo.com offers daily news from safety and compliance to equipment and operations.
Three safety posts we like from Trucking Info’s blog:
- Continental Safety Technologies Help Build Road to Autonomous Vehicles
- Spec'ing Trailers for Safe and Quick Entry and Exit
- Q&A: How Driver Relationships Drive Safety at Southern Freight Services
3. Element Fleet
Element Fleet is a fleet management company providing management services and financing for vehicle and equipment fleets. Their blog focuses on issues related to fleet services, fleet policies, and trends. Topics include vehicle accident management and driver safety.
Three safety posts we like from Element Fleet’s blog:
- Fleet safety tip: Best practices to avoid fleet accidents
- Best practices for your fleet: Handling roadside emergencies
- NETS Conference highlights top trends in driver safety
FleetFocus is published by NexTraq. NexTraq is a GPS fleet management solution. Their mission: “...to provide the most easy-to-use, reliable and comprehensive solution in the GPS vehicle and fleet tracking industry.” They also have a blog category dedicated to driver safety.
Three safety posts we like from FleetFocus:
- 4 Ways to Reduce Distracted Driving and Improve Fleet Safety
- End of Daylight Saving Time Means Beginning of Roadway Dangers
- FMCSA Requiring Drivers to Use Certified Medical Examiners
5. Quick Transport Solutions
Quick Transport Solutions offers a portfolio of services for transportation and freight logistics on their website. I was really impressed with how relevant their topics are. They know how to listen to their client's.
On their blog, search for “safety” in the search bar.
Three safety posts we like from Quick Transport Solutions’ blog:
- How To Be An Effective Safety Manager for Trucking Companies
- Is There An Easy Fix For Trucking Companies Safety Profiles?
- A New Study Shows How Hours of Service Affected Safety
6. Fleet Owner
Fleet Owner writes to a very specific audience which are executives and managers of commercial trucking fleets that operate five or more vehicles. With a dedicated page to safety, they fit perfectly on our list.
Three safety posts we like from Fleet Owner’s blog:
- Making advanced safety more driver-friendly
- Q&A: Tips for managing driver medical exams
- Trucking safety: It’s getting harder to make improvements
TruckersReport doesn’t have a blog but, we couldn’t ignore them because of the crazy amount of traffic their website has. According to their website, as of January 2016, they have more than 700,000 visitors per month. Their industry forum is a network of professional truck drivers. If you have a trucking related question, this is the place to go.
We didn’t have any favorite posts because it’s a forum site.
If you found this page helpful, please share it with your followers. Like or tweet this post.